Ohio Ride July 10 -13

Home Forums Rides! Ohio Ride July 10 -13

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Dave Allgood

The routes are not final yet, but I think the road riders will do the Hocking Hills on Saturday and 555 on Sunday.  Greg C. will do the gravel routes.

For those riding down on Friday, watch this space for a  location.  You can still do the area rides if you can show up at the Hampton Inn Saturday morning.

Make your motel reservation at the Hampton Inn Zanesville.  Phone is 740-453-6511, address is 1009 Spring St, Zanesville OH 43702.  There are a few restaurants  nearby and some other motels if the Hampton doesn’t work for you.

Dale Estes

Dave, can you confirm that the dates are 10th-13th. In the other post you listed the dates as 9th-12th.

Roland Franz

Yeah, what’s the story? The calendar says 9-12, this thread 10-13. I just made reservations at the hotel but may have to change.

Pat O’Neill

I made reservations for 10-13 given that Dave’s post says we’re riding Hocking Hills on Saturday and the 555 on Sunday… so that sounds like we’re coming home on Monday.

But would be good to get a confirmation from Dave.

Dave Allgood

Yes, ride down on Friday, ride area on Saturday and Sunday, ride back on Monday.  Those who don’t want to take Friday and/or Monday off can slab it down after work on Friday and meet up Saturday morning and/or take off for home after the ride on Sunday.

The Saturday and Sunday routes are posted.

I will be leaving from Brighton on Friday morning.  I will meet up with some riders at US23 and Willis road.  There is a BP station just west  on Willlis Rd.

If we have riders coming down from the east side I would have another meet up location at Pemberville Ohio which is north and west of 23 and 6.  Let me know if you want a Pemberville meet up.

I will post times and locations for these meet ups in the next few days.

Roland Franz

I’d be interested meeting in Pemberville. But Willis works too.

sandsquid

I made reservations for Friday and Saturday night.

Uday Naik

Made reservations Fri-Sun at Hampton Inn Zanesville. Will meet the group at US-23 and Willis on Friday.

Dave Allgood

Meetup #1 is at the BP Station just west of US23 at Willis road.  This is at 9am on Friday 7/10.

Meetup #2 is at a Sunoco station in Pemberville Ohio on Pemberville Rd at about N41 24.5334 S83 27.274. This is at 10:30 am.

Please arrive early if you need gas or hydration.  We want to leave these locations shortly after these posted times. It will be about 4 hours plus stops to Zanesville.  Stops might include Tom’s Ice Cream Bowl.  Call me if you are going to be late so we don’t leave you.

Routes for the ride down are being posted on the GPS forum.

Dave Allgood

Weather forecast for Zanesville shows good chance of rain and thunderstorms all 4 days.

What is the consensus about postponing the ride?

I normally say that I regret not going on a ride more often than I regret going, but riding Ohios curves in the rain doesn’t sound fun.

Dale Estes

I’m with you, riding in the rain is no fun.  Keep up posted on your decision.

Pat O’Neill

I’m fine with waiting till Thursday to make the decision and get a more accurate weather forecast (I understand however if others need more notice).

I’m also good with rescheduling to the following weekend if necessary.

Uday Naik

No fun riding in the rain. I am good with whatever you/group decides.

Pat O’Neill

Ride Cancelled … see Dave’s post here:  https://bmwtcd.org/forums/topic/ohio-ride-important/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.