Oct. 8th

Home Forums General Discussion Oct. 8th

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike E 2 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

David Swan

Let’s see… It is Tuesday, October 8th, 2019, TCD calendar says; TCD night–Ypsilanti.  Side Track.  Oh, Not there, apparently it is,…… elsewhere.  What is it about this club, breakfast at 9:00 that is really 8:00, 6:30 that is 6?, secret handshake?, website?, Morse Code?, all disappearing for breakfast in the time it take to take a piss.  Lord I even bathe on occasion.  Maybe I should take a hint.  I realize there are informal groups that develop quick plans but what info do I give new/prospective members?

jnwbiker

The BMW TCD newsletter was sent out earlier yesterday and stated:

“We look forward to seeing everyone at the TCD night on Tuesday, October 8th at Arbor Brewing  777 W. Ann Arbor Trail, Plymouth, MI. Start time is 6:30.”

Not sure why the website/calendar isn’t up to date, but I know they’re looking for a volunteer to be the website manager.

I only go to breakfast a few times a year and usually get there early because that’s when I wake up and when I have the family (wife) pass to be there.

-James

Mike E

Dave,

Sorry about the oversight on the calendar.  I wasn’t aware the Tuesday night event was listed in Ypsilanti until after we got there.  The last TWO club newsletters had it scheduled in Plymouth and no one brought the discrepancy to our attention.

Breakfast timing has been a problem for years, and honestly I think we should discontinue them.  A few members started making a sport out of trying to eat and leave prior to the start time, and they have been unworkable since.  They don’t work for new members or anyone who chooses to follow the schedule.  Perhaps we can let the early breakfast crew just informally schedule them on their own.  (Actually, Pinckney is the only breakfast that runs like it should.  We should keep that one.)

I really don’t follow the rest of your comments Dave.  We use the forum, the website, and the newsletter to communicate club events.  With everything going on it’s actually rare that there are miscommunications, but they can and do happen as they did this week.  We’re just volunteers.

We do need more help.  Perhaps if we can get a couple more people involved, these oversights will be even more rare.

-Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.