Newbie in Rochester Hills.

Home Forums General Discussion Newbie in Rochester Hills.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Barry Eckel

Hi everyone!

President Mike encouraged me to join the club – even though I’m currently a Triumph Tiger and Beta owner. LOL!

I’ve been riding motorcycles for over 25 years, spending the majority of my riding years off-road on Honda, Yamaha, KTM, KTM, GasGas, and now Beta. Now that the kids have grown up, I decided to pick up the Triumph for road/ADV touring. Its my first fully “street legal” bike since my 2002 Honda VFR 800 which I sold when we moved from Toronto to Michigan 13 years ago. Just wrapped up a 1700 mile 4 day ride from Rochester to the SOO, Manitoulin Island, Chapleau, and Wawa in Northern Ontario. I’m also in the early stages of planning a week long trip up the James Bay Rd in northern Quebec for next summer with some friends from the Great White North.

While the 800 is currently set up with 90/10 Scorpions, I’ll likely move to more gravel friendly rubber when its time to switch out. Meanwhile my plated Beta 300 gives me plenty of opportunity to squirt some dirt!

Looking forward to meeting some new riding buddies in the club!

Barry

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jnwbiker

Welcomed to the club!

-James

Bill Stranahan

Welcome to the club.

I live in downtown Rochester. Let me know if you’d like to take a ride sometime.

Bill.

Barry Eckel

Thanks James!

Barry Eckel

Thanks Bill. I will definitely take you up on that! Just did a run up to Port Austin this afternoon. A beautiful day!

Hal Collins

Berry, Can you ride mid week? I have a 1200 GS Adventure (60/40 tires) and a street legal KTM 300XC W.

I am looking for someone that can do some  1,2 or 3 day rides.

Keith Murray

Welcome to the club!

Hope you enjoy the content.

Keith Murray

Troy, MI

Barry Eckel

Hi Hal,

Sorry for the delay. Work travel has my rides limited mostly to evenings and weekends. Hope to ride with you next season!

Barry Eckel

Thanks Keith.

I hope to cross paths with you and many members next season! My two wheeling for the fall is going to be limited to my Beta 300RR until the trails are off limits for hunting.

Paul O

Welcome, there a few of us who also have “small” bikes in addition to our adventure bikes, and we try to hit the trails when we can.

Paul O

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.