Motorcycle training course recommendations for new riders

Home Forums General Discussion Motorcycle training course recommendations for new riders

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Barry Eckel

Hi everyone,

My 22 yr old son is planning to get his cycle endorsement this summer. Despite the fact that he has a number of years of off-road motorcycle experience under his belt, he wants to learn as much as he can from experienced/skilled road instructors. We would welcome any recommendations in SE Michigan you may have.

Thanks in advance

Barry

Tom Decker

Barry

You can reach the MSF for information at msf-usa.org.  you can also give me a call or email and i will give you specific local information.

Barry Eckel

Thanks Tom. We are all set. The site summarized all local course.  Greatly appreciated

Eric VanDyke

Barry, A few of us have taken the BMW Class in Ontario Canada with Clinton Smout. You can also find many on line instruction from him as well. He is a great teacher and offers a much better price and that is before the Canadian discount.

https://www.smartadventures.ca/

Jennifer Ott

Don’t forget that if he buys a brand new BMW Motorcycle within 90 days of taking the course, BMW will reimburse him the cost of his course (up to $325).

Doug

There is a basic BRC-u course for those who have never ridden a motorcycle.  That includes a classroom session and two half days of range instruction – 3 half days in total.  This is completed on motorcycles that are provided by School Craft, Washtenaw or Macomb Colleges.  There is a BRC2-u class that is intended for those who are capable riders (usually grew up on a dirt bike), but do not have a cycle endorsement.  This class is one day class and you need to bring your own motorcycle – ride it or trailer.  Your son might want to consider this as an option.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.