Indiana Covered Bridge ride (ICBR)

Home Forums Rides! Indiana Covered Bridge ride (ICBR)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dave Allgood

I will take mostly state and local roads down on Friday July 24.  Leaving probably from Saline.  We will ride Saturday and Sunday, and return Monday.  If commitments keep you from joining the ride down or back Crawfordsville is 5 hrs plus stops away on the freeway.

Please make your Motel reservation at the Comfort Inn in Crawfordsville, IN.  Direct number is 765-361-0665.

Again this is a fairly non-technical gravel ride viewing and traveling through many covered bridges in west central Indiana.  Watch for routes and tracs to be posted ahead of the ride.

All is subject to change pending any closures due to the on going Pandemic.

Craig G

Thanks for the info Dave – looking forward to the trip.

Heidi & I are booked at the Comfort Inn in Crawfordsville, IN – arriving Friday and leaving on Monday.

This will be the first 2-up trip on the new-to-me 2014 R1200GS.

-Craig

Jack Johnson

Room booked, leaving Friday coming back Monday.

Looking forward to the trip.

Jack

Larry Benitz

Room booked, greatly looking forward to the ride.

Larry

Dave Allgood

For those who want to take the long way down (great name for a movie or something) lets meet at the park in Dexter across from the Dairy Queen.    I’ve managed to make a 5 hour freeway ride into a 7.5 hour backroad jaunt.  There may even be a couple of covered bridges on the way down.  There may be some gravel on the way down but not much.   Come early for coffee or goodies from Joe and Rosies coffee shop or the Dexter Bakery just down the street.  Be fueled and ready to ride at 9:00 AM.

We will ride the south route on Saturday and see 19 covered bridges.  The Sunday route is a bit shorter in case anybody wants to head home early.  We should see 12 bridges on Sunday.  There is considerable gravel on both routes, but there should be no real hero sections.

The routes will be posted in the next few minutes in the GPS forum.

Larry Benitz

Thanks for all the work.  I’ll join you in Dexter on Friday morning.

Jennifer Argentino

Make sure you double check and triple check the departure address, Larry 😉

sandsquid

Room booked

Dave Allgood

FYI Indiana has a face covering (mask) mandate starting Monday.

Bikram Singh

See you at Dexter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.