I’ve been trying to bite my tongue since I’m biased towards the R1200GS and have ridden it across the country several times to go off roading. It’s a great bike for both touring and off-roading.
The question reminds me of a couple of slides I made for the presentation earlier in the year. The message was “There’s no wrong bike to ride with the BMWTCD”.
but then there’s the R1200GS….
R1200GS / GSA Advantages
- Hydraulic Clutch (both wet and dry version)
- Lower center of gravity, better balanced, easier to pickup
- More HP at the rear wheel
- More Comfortable
- Shaft Drive
- Tubeless Tires
- Minor weight disadvantage
- 19” Front Wheel (Woody’s Wheel Works can fix that!)