Reply To: 14th annual Pinckney to Williamston ride, this coming Sunday May 15!

Home Forums General Discussion 14th annual Pinckney to Williamston ride, this coming Sunday May 15! Reply To: 14th annual Pinckney to Williamston ride, this coming Sunday May 15!

Anonymous

@Dave Allgood wrote:

I see a couple of small gravel sections on the pavement ride (according to the latest maps in basecamp). Is this correct? one is on Waterloo Rd and the other is on Potter Rd.

Yes and no. I did announce in the original posting that the paved route did have one short, 0.9 mile unpaved road segment: “There is an all pavement (except for one easy 0.9 mile hard packed dirt road segment) ride for you street folks…” This is the Waterloo Rd segment, between Werkner Rd and M-52, and shouldn’t be an issue. The segment is hard pack, straight and less than a mile. Taking another route to avoid this segment would require adding 1.7 miles to the route and making a right onto M-52 followed by making a left across M-52. I opted for the short segment of unpaved. We’ll go slow and easy so as not make anyone uneasy and not kick up any gravel (of which there’s very little).

The Potter Rd surface depiction in the Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2013.4 map set (and perhaps others?) is erroneous. All of Potter Rd is paved.

Regards,
John