Reply To: New Club Officers

Home Forums General Discussion New Club Officers Reply To: New Club Officers

Craig_R

Hi all!  Here is a bit of information about me:

Craig Renneker – candidate for BMWTCD President:

Basic personal information: Age 58. Married with six kids and two grandchildren. Live in Salem Township. Employed as VP of Product Engineering for American Axle Manufacturing with plan to retire in January 2024.

Bikes: 2021 BMW F850GSA, 2018 BMW G310GS, 2006 BMW F650GS, 2011 Yamaha TW200, 2010 Honda CRF230, 1972 Suzuki TS250.  Gone (but not forgotten) 2005 BMW 1200GS

Riding history: Started riding my 1200GS in 2009 after watching “Long Way Round”.  I have been riding with the BMWTCD since my first Maumee Adventure Ride in 2010. Since then I have done several Longest Day, Color Tour, UP, Maumee, Washtenaw & Oakland Adventure rides, Detroit Urban ride, Touratech Dirt Daze and Soggy Bottom Rally. I’ve done several RawHyde adventure riding events: “Intro to Adventure”, “BaseCamp Alpha”, “Colorado Adventure Days”, and “Big Bikes in Baja”. I have joined the TCD crew in “Michigan Corner” at March Moto Madness four times. I have also done several Backcountry Discovery Route rides: Arizona, New Mexico and New England (with plans for California and Nevada in March). I completed the SaddleSore 1000 to join the Iron Butt Association in 2011. I estimate my total riding experience since 2009 to be just under 100,000 miles.  I enjoy the challenge of coordinating group rides.

Vision for BMWTCD: I would like to honor the “We Ride” tradition of the club by ensuring excellence for our current schedule of rides and events. I would also like to grow the schedule to offer more opportunities for onroad & adventure rides as well as social gatherings. I would also like to evolve our various online entities (webpage, Facebook, Slack, etc.) to improve access for new members and encourage effective communication for all.”