Reply To: Buying a NEW GPS????

Home Forums General Discussion Buying a NEW GPS???? Reply To: Buying a NEW GPS????

Swamp

Ok, I’ve been researching this some, and have kinda narrowed it down to three. Some have more features than others, but I’m trying to figure out if these features are really a need or just a want.

Garmin Montana 680 – $439

Garmin Zumo 395LM – $499

BMW Navigator Adventure – $430

The Montana 680 has lots a good features, but lacks and Bluetooth capabilities. Don’t know if I really want or need Bluetooth anyways. Comes loaded with TOPO maps, which is good for trails and off-road, which I do very little. But, for regular GPS maps you have to purchase the North America City Navigator for extra $$$. It does not come with a powered cradle, but is available for extra $$$. BUT, its color matches my F800, red & black, so thats really weighing in here! LOL!!!

The Zumo 395 I can add the tire pressure monitors if wanted, and seems like that would be a good feature to have I would think??? Comes pre-loaded with maps of North America, and has some other motorcycle related features that may or may not be great. Comes with the powered cradle.

The BMW Nav ADV from what I’m reading is basically the same unit as the Montana. Will need to load North America maps. Comes with the powered cradle and plugs directly into my F800’s power circuit.

I don’t know. Maybe I’ll just purchase a tank bag with the map pocket and go OLD SCHOOL!!!!