Yooper DS Ride Aug 26th – Hotels!!!

Home Forums General Discussion Yooper DS Ride Aug 26th – Hotels!!!

• This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Craig G 1 day, 12 hours ago.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jeff H

Friday night (Aug 25th) is the Pines Motel in St. Ignace. I reserved the 5 doubles. There’s still some singles left (906) 643-9250, or call the Cedars across the street for a double (906) 643-9578

For Saturday Night (Grand Marais, MI):

Trying something different this year. I rented out some rooms at the Superior Hotel (906-494-2539), which is right next the two pubs. Yes, there’s a second bar in town now! I got the only two double bed rooms ($45), and a bunk room with 4 beds ($50). These are shared bath rooms upstairs.

Owner was super cool with having a group up, and said there is a fire pit outside for us. He even offered up a wheel chair and his mother’s walker to get people back from the pub. 🙂 There are some single bed rooms available for $40/night too. Book now if you want one!

If this isn’t your style, then the North Shore Lodge (906-494-2361) still has 3 double rooms left ($89), but better book now!

Jeff H

Responded so far (12)

Saturday night at Superior Hotel:

• Double Rm #1: Doug + Craig G.
    • Double Rm #2: Eric + Ricardo
    • 4 bunk Rm : Craig R + Son Reis + Kevin G. + Greg Crago
    • Single #1: Me
    • Single #2: Paul
    • Single #3: Rick
    • Single #4: Shannon

Pines on Friday Night (5 doubles reserved):

• Rm 1: Me + Kevin G.
    • Rm 2: Doug + Craig G.
    • Rm 3: Paul + Ricardo
    • Rm 4: Craig R. + Son Reis
    • Rm 5: Eric V. + Greg Crago

At the Cedars (across the st):

• Rick
    • Shannon

If additional rooms are required it’s on you to reserve.

Rick345

Shannon and I have each reserved single rooms at the Pines for Friday night.

As Shannon said on the Messenger Forum  “We want to be where all the cool kids are”.

Looking forward to MORE SAND……..(since I have already mastered the “underwater riding skill”)

Craig G

Questions for those who have done this route before,

– how much trail riding is done on Sunday from Grand Marais back to St Ignace?

– do guys stay another night in St Ignace or bail and go home on Sunday?

Craig G

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.