UP Route to BMWMOA Rally

Home Forums General Discussion UP Route to BMWMOA Rally

• This topic contains 0 voices and has 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Paul O

This may be of interest, Bryan Much, (aka Cannonshot) has put together an off road route from St. Ignace to the fairgrounds where the rally will be held. Bryan is very active on Advrider and has many routes/tracks with detailed ride reports and interesting waypoints. take a look

Paul O

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=953748

This is a 700 mile path I put together in support of the 2014 BMWMOA Rally. It leads from the Mackinac Bridge across the UP and northern WI to the Minnesota State Fair Grounds where the rally is being held.

The route is suitable for loaded big bikes, but it does take in some rugged or narrow (two-track) paths along the way. The scenery is spectacular, wildlife sightings are common, and points of interest are waypointed in the file. Gas is also waypointed as are hospitals and some other general information.

Just northeast of Eagle River Wisconsin is a by-pass to go around some dirt roads that can have some loose patches of sand if the weather is dry. Other surfaces are firm dirt, gravel, or pavement.

Many of these tracks are taken from some of my other published rides like the Upper Peninsula Adventure Trail so you can visit some other threads to get a picture of what the ride is like. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627424

There are four routes in the file in addition to the seven track segments. The routes have short gaps due to paths that are not routable in some areas. Best to follow the track lines and not the routes.

Dave Allgood

Thanks Paul

I think I will be on the RT for this ride, and I might go by way of Duluth, but I’ll take a look to see what he has here.

Paul O

@Dave Allgood wrote:

Thanks Paul

I think I will be on the RT for this ride, and I might go by way of Duluth, but I’ll take a look to see what he has here.

Yes, Check again, Bryan has now posted an on road route from either from Mackinaw or the Soo.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.