TCD Color Tour – Lewiston MI

Home Forums General Discussion TCD Color Tour – Lewiston MI

• This topic contains 33 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  GregCrago 1 month, 3 weeks ago.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Swamp

Time to start booking rooms if you plan on doing so as they go fast due to the season. I just booked my room at the Lewiston Lodge. Last year the non-campers all stayed at the Redwood Inn, but they have raised their prices this year. If doubling up the price won’t be so bad, but singles are $80 + Tax per night. Like the Redwood Inn, the Lewiston Lodge has a very nice restaurant as well.

The Lewiston Lodge is on the other side of East Twin Lake from the Redwood, but a mile closer to the campground where the campers are staying. I needed the cheaper room rate at the lodge as I’m staying till Monday to meet up with my cousin who lives not too far from Lewiston on Sunday, then heading over to look around the Kalkaska area on Monday before heading home.

Redwood Inn – 989-786-2225

Lewiston Lodge – 989-786-2452

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mats Ceder

Done!

Got my room.

Mike E

Which hotel did you choose?

Mats Ceder

Redwood something, and I am really looking forward to this trip. Been a looooong year

Hal Collins

Got my room booked at the Lewiston Lodge. Can’t wait, looking forward to some good dirt riding!

Hal Collins

Does any one have GPX tracks for the ride from  Lewiston?

And or a good dirt GPX from Metro Detroit to Lewiston?

Jeff H

Tracks will posted soon. They will likely be the same as last year, so if you search the GPS forum you will probably find the 2017 tracks for a preview.

There are some older dirt rides that leave Kerby’s and go up through the thumb. Then you’ll need to cut west and get around the bay. I did that one year to go to the Fitz Run. Honestly, for me it’s easier to just hit I-75 for 1.5h and get up to exit 202 to M-33. Then spend the time enjoying the back roads up that way.

Swamp

Hal, I believe a few in the group rode a dirt  route for a good portion of the ride up to Lewiston last year I think.

nobody0101

Is anyone planning on camping?

Mats Ceder

I plan on leaving Auburn Hills around noon Friday. Should be in Lewiston around 3:30pm.

Mike E

We can hit the Bull Gap sand hill climb on the way up!

Mats Ceder

@Mike – sounds great to me

Jeff H

@Shannon – I will probably camp at Shady Acres camp ground. If no one else camps we can split a room somewhere.

nobody0101

Sounds good to me.

Hal Collins

I am not going to be able make this ride, I had miscommunication with my wife we have a Previously planned trip with our neighbors. I am so bummed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.