Suspicious email from Mike E ?

Home Forums GPS Discussion Suspicious email from Mike E ?

• This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike E 3 weeks, 2 days ago.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MartinR1200GS

Mike:  I received an email this morning (Nov. 16th) that purports to be a reply to an email that I sent to you in June of 2017.  It is labeled as having come from tcdvicepresident@bmwtcd.org.  When I try to open what looks like a word.doc attachment my system says “created by an older version of word” and asks me to enable editing and content.  When I do so there is still no readable doc.  Let me know if you really are trying to communicate with me.  Dave M  martinatty@yahoo.com   419-283-0468.

If you really had been robbed and you really were stranded in the Philippines I would happily wire you $1,750 to get home.

Chris OBrien

I received the same at 5:28 am today as a reply to an April 2017 email. When I tried to read the .doc attachment Kaspersky detected a trojan (PDM:Exploit.Win32.Generic). The actual file scans clean with Malwarebytes and Kaspersky so I don’t know if it actually is a problem. Looks like someone may have hacked into the server.

Mike E

Yep, the  email account got hacked somehow.

We’ve reset it, so hopefully it’s over. Please don’t open any attachments!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.