Send Birthday greetings to Fritz!

Home Forums General Discussion Send Birthday greetings to Fritz!

• This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John Fishbeck 6 months ago.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

John Fishbeck

Hi everyone,

Long time TCDers will remember Fred ‘Fritz’ Curtis. Fritz was a frequent presence at TCD events and breakfasts for many years. He was a notable character and had a wicked sense of humor, and did love his nips and camaraderie around the campfires – there are numerous stories about Fritz, spirits and campfires.

Sadly, several years ago, it became clear that Fritz was beginning to struggle. He was subsequently diagnosed with multiple symptom atrophy (MSA), an affliction not unlike Parkinson’s Disease. These days Fritz is struggling with mobility and speech.

Fritz has his 83rd birthday coming up on Friday, June 8. His friends and family have organized a ‘birthday card storm’ campaign for next week (June 4-8) to help boost his spirits – see the letter below from family friends:

If you are one of those TCDers who remember Fritz and would like to participate, do please send him a note or birthday card.

I’m reluctant to post a personal mailing address on a publicly exposed web presence. However, Fritz is a TCD lifetime member, so if you’re a TCD member in good standing you can log in to the TCD website and access the member roster (home page->menu bar->Our Club->BMWTCD Member Roster [bmwtcd.org/bmwtcd-club-roster/]) to obtain his mailing address. Alternatively you can shoot me an email at fishbeck at msu dot edu and request the mailing address from me.

Thanks,

John

Harry Jones

John,

Thanks for doing this. I think I can speak for a number of members that we miss him and his “stories”.

Richard Hautau

Thanks, Kourtney and I both have ours ready to head out for the Post Office.

Dick & Sharon +

KT

RG

Nice gesture John.

After my 2nd (and hopefully last) deer encounter, Fritz was kind enough to pass along a “No Deer” sticker that I still proudly wear on my RT.

I hope he has a great birthday and wish him many more.

Rick Griffith

Rick Ploeger

Fritz received 200+ cards!

John Fishbeck

Rick Ploeger wrote “Fritz received 200+ cards!”

Thanks for the update Rick – that’s terrific news! And thanks to all the TCDers who responded, wishing Fritz a happy 83rd birthday – I’m pretty sure we were a significant portion of all those cards.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.