Scenic Route From Detroit to Barber Museum, AL?

Home Forums General Discussion Scenic Route From Detroit to Barber Museum, AL?

• This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Swamp 3 weeks, 1 day ago.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Terry

Where else in the world can you see 900+ mint-condition motorcycles on exhibit at one time? Nowhere. The Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum is recognized by Guinness World Records as the world’s largest motorcycle collection. With over 1,600 motorcycles spanning over 100 years of production, the Barber collection represents 200 different manufacturers from 20 countries from as far away as Australia, New Zealand, and Sweden. Showcasing the unique design of each individual piece, this epic display reveals the fine art of the motorcycle. But that’s not all. The museum also features the world’s most extensive collection of Lotus cars, plus an assortment of rare, celebrated cars.

So… Can anyone recommend the best scenic route From Detroit to Barber Museum? (*Hopefully, a nice route that passes through Ashville NC on the way back to Detroit) —  Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

RG

Since Ashville is on your list, that directs you to take the Blue Ridge Parkway (goes right by Ashville)

A good way to get there is to pick up Route 250 out of Norwalk, OH I think. Take that all the way into Waynesboro, VA, where you pickup the Parkway and head southwest along that incredible road.

There’s nice riding in norther AL also.

RG

Swamp

Sounds like a great trip! If your wanting to travel thru Ashville NC, might as well throw in the Wheels Thru Time Motorcycle Museum as well. Very cool place with over 300 vintage motorcycles, and some unique cars as well. The Blue Ridge Parkway runs close to the museum.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Terry

Thanks so much for your great insights and suggestions!

So I plugged a “rough” plan into Googlemaps, and it turned out to be like this:

MAP LINK ==>  https://bit.ly/2Lehjgl

I don’t know what I’m doing tho… how do pick and choose the scenic routes only using GoogleMaps?

Terry

Or… maybe this way is better?

Googlemaps:  http://bit.ly/2NoTz6Q

Yikes, I really don’t know what I’m doing…

Terry

I don’t know if I’m getting all the cool/scenic routes… but here’s the “rough draft”:

GoogleMaps Link: http://bit.ly/2zPUwmM

Hopefully 10-12 days would be enough, including one night stop-over at a friend’s house in Ashville, NC on the way back to Michigan (*Also trying to hit as many motorcycle museum, classic cars museum, aviation museums, or any cool museums along the way).

Does anyone here have any suggestions/insights in perfecting this route? (avoid all ribbons, if possible) — Thank you, in advance.

Swamp

Terry, that looks like a great ride with great destinations. Enjoy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.