Planning meeting suggestion

Home Forums General Discussion Planning meeting suggestion

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  D_F_D 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

D_F_D

I see that we have a planning meeting coming up on the 10th. And I have been looking into a trip around Lake Huron for this summer. So I thought that I would share with the group my plans prior to the meeting. My thought would be that I would take this trip starting on 8/10 and return on the 18th. These dates are not set in stone yet and could be contingent on who would like to join me. Also this trip is set up as a camping trip but I am sure that there are hotels in the area at each nights locations. Each nights stay is indicated on the map as a tent icon. I have not put the GPS file on the form yet but attached is a pdf for the over all route. If your interested in joining me on this trip let me know.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mike E

Sounds like a great trip!

MartinR1200GS

I would like to spend at least one night at Killarney Mountain Lodge while circumnavigating Lake Huron.

Pat O’Neill

Last year’s trip around Lake Superior was great and looking forward to doing another week tour like this.¬† I can’t commit just yet but the dates are looking good… Can you provide more info on which campgrounds and number of nights at each and maybe some mileage info?

Jon Russell

this looks great, and I may be interested.

D_F_D

Thank you for your interest in this trip. I will be reviewing this route @ the planning meeting in more detail. But if you can not attend the meeting I have attached a detailed description of each nights location and a link to their web site. There are 2 options in this file but I am favoring option #1. You will see what I mean when you open up the file. I hope you can attend the planning meeting. I am curious as to who else is interested  in joining me on this trip beyond the ones that have posted there response here.

Attachments:

D_F_D

During the planning meeting there were some recommendations for the camp grounds in Canada. I updated my itinerary to reflect this change. You can see that in the attached file. Also it was recommended to start the reservations next month because some of the sites get reserved early. So I will be starting that next month too. If you want to join me you are welcome to share my camp sites too. But please let me know your plans.

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.