Pinckney to Williamston ride coming up on May 21!

Home Forums General Discussion Pinckney to Williamston ride coming up on May 21!

• This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mike E 5 months ago.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

John Fishbeck

All,

The annual TCD ride from Pinckney up to member Ruth Zimmerman’s home in Williamston is coming up soon, Sunday May 21. This is a perennially popular ride and event. ‘Tis a back roads romp over a selection of fine south central Michigan secondary roads, followed by a camp fire, hot dogs, coffee, and the usual assortment of TCD personalities to mingle with.

In years past I have overseen putting together ride routes from Pinckney up to Ruth’s, then also overseen organizing the rides following the breakfast in Pinckney. Unfortunately (or not, dependent upon how you feel about yours truly) I am out of town for this year’s ride.

However, I did put together a ride route, which includes some old favorites and few new bits. Find attached to this post a GPX route (and corresponding track) file for a paved roads ride. 75 miles long; should take about an hour and a half or so to complete. Also attached is a trip sheet with turn by turn text instructions for the route. And you can click here to view a Google maps based map of the ride route.

TCD now has many riders who know how to load a route into a GPS receiver and lead a group of riders utilizing same. So get to it – come up with some willing ride leaders and figure out how you want to go about it.

The TCD’s very healthy community of ADV/dual sport riders has many who can plan a ride, so I leave the development of a unpaved roads ride to those hardy individuals.

Good luck, have fun, and I look forward to stories afterwards!

Regards,

John

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jack Johnson

Not having any luck getting John’s gps file to open anywhere.

Mike E

I just downloaded it and put it into Basecamp.  Looks perfect.  Both the route and track.

The .pdf route sheet looks like it was done by SCCA TSD Rally organizer.

Jack Johnson

Removed the xml, works fine now.

Jeff H

Hello,

Important Notice: THE WILLIAMSTON CAMP DEMO & COOKOUT IS CANCELLED for tomorrow.

Ruth had a slight emergency come up with the new business and needs to tend to that. People can still do a ride after breakfast, but the Camping demo and cookout is cancelled, so please choose a different destination.

Let’s all keep our fingers crossed for Ruth as she gets things sorted out.

Sincerely,

Jeff Hunter

Club President

Mike E

Camp demo is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

We can still have rides from breakfast, but our destination will need to be changed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.