Newfoudland riding

Home Forums GPS Discussion Newfoudland riding

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Gerhard Kuhn 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dave Allgood

Does anyone have any rides, routes, or tracs in nova Scotia, Newfoudland, or Labrador?  Looking for recommendations on what to see and do.

Darryl Smith

Dave, be sure to checkout Cape Breton island and also meat cove. I rode my Kawasaki Z1 900 there about 40 years ago.

Harry Jones

Sounds like fun. Chris Dobyns did a ride in that area several years ago. You might give him a call. Ruth and Jim did it many years ago. I recall they had a lot of suggestions on the area.  So a call to Ruth may be useful.

Dave Allgood

Thanks Darryl, both suggestions look good based on the guide books.

Thanks Harry,  I’ll try to hook up with them to see what they suggest.  Pennington also went there recently.

David Peck

Dave

My wife and I were there about 10 years ago in Sept, Several highlights were, Bay of Fundy, Tide changes that boogled the imagination. Baddeck, home of Alexandar Graham Bell labs. Meat cove somebody mentioned, best lobster rolls anywhere. Cabot trail of course, just a few of many.

Dave Peck

MartinR1200GS

St. John’s is beautiful !

Gerhard Kuhn

We went to Newfoundland this past summer and back in 2012. Pretty much all of Newfoundland has something worth seeing but the western part Gros Morne National Park is more scenic, going to the top of the Northern Peninsula to St. Anthony is a long ride but you get into a kind of sub arctic landscape, Viking Settlement and Icebergs well into July.  The first year we went on the island at Port aux Basque and left on the ferry from Argentia which allowed us to see a large part of the island including St. John’s.  This year we rode to the end of Route 138 in Quebec and then had the bike loaded on a ship and travelled along the coast to Labrador and then caught a ferry from there to Newfoundland.

Outside of the urban areas there are lots of B&Bs and not so many hotels, the seafood is terrific.

Photos from 2012

Photos from this year to the end of Quebec 138

Photos on the ship to Labrador and the villages along the way

Gerhard

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.