New member would like to go on the Thumb Ride

Home Forums General Discussion New member would like to go on the Thumb Ride

• This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  D_F_D 3 months ago.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Barry Matherly

Hello all,

My name is Barry, I’m new, and am interested in doing the Thumb ride. I’ve never ridden to any club events (except breakfast).

What’s the etiquette? Do I make my own camp site reservations?  Do you have a portion of the park that you aim for? What do folks do for meals?

My better (far better) half is coming up by car after her meetings that day,is she welcome?

thanks everyone.

Barry

Mike E

Barry,

Everybody is welcome!  Often people will split campsites, but some folks get their own, it’s up to you.

We are usually close to the same area each year.  The first guy up picks the spot.

Meals are typically at restaurants in town.  We used to have a cookout, but that hasn’t happened on a few years.

The biggest thing is to hope for good weather!

Barry Matherly

Thanks Mike.

D_F_D

Yes the thumb run is coming up soon, 9/8 & 9/9 to be per-sis. All are welcome. I am going to head up on Friday and as usual I will be trying to get a site around # 120. I attached a copy of the camp map from 2015 when we stayed in this same area for those not familiar with the camp ground. Some people share there site with other TCD members and other’s just get there own site. Not too many people get a motel room for this weekend. But if you want to I am sure there are plenty to choose from near town. In the past a few have rented a cabin in the state park too.  Like Mike mentioned it’s up to each individual to cover there cost of the camp site weather you share a site or get your own.

As for the departure to go up to Port Cresent Saturday morning , because I am leaving on Friday I will not be leading a ride Saturday. But in the past we have typically meet at Kirby’s on Woodward and either took the road up or the dirt up. In the past departure time has been around 9:30 am. So if any one wants to lead a ride please add to this post to update the group.

As Mike mentioned in his response we typically eat breakfast down in Port Crescent on Saturday and Caseville on Sunday morning. And as for dinner there have been a few places in the area where the group will go out for dinner, tbd Saturday night at the camp.  We typically leave for dinner around 5-5:30. Than after dinner we all head back to camp and hang out around the camp fire. Provided enough of us pick up some fire wood on the way back from dinner will determine how big the fire is that night.

It’s always a good turn out for the TCD club at Port Cresent State Park. So hope to see you there.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.