Nav V Question…

Home Forums GPS Discussion Nav V Question…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Keith Murray 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Keith Murray

OK this is really a question about the media player on the Nav V, but I think it is Nav related, so here goes…

I am trying to play my mp3 files with the Nav V Media player and it doesn’t work correctly.  It sounds like the music is buffering, so I only here a second of music and then a pause then another second of music.  I have a 32gb SD card formatted in FAT32, per the instructions, and it appears everything is correct – just doesn’t play correctly.

Any ideas?

Pat O’Neill

If you haven’t already it would be worth doing a firmware update on the device. I know they have fixed specific Bluetooth issues in past updates and if it’s been a long time since you’ve last updated that could help.

Keith Murray

Thanks for the tip, Pat.  I have updated to the latest firmware, still no luck.

Dave Allgood

Sounds like a possible bluetooth problem to me.  What device are you using to listen?  Did you try playing the music on the card on your computer to check the card function?

Keith Murray

Yes I tested the card and it works fine in other devices.  I have my Nav5 synced to my Packtalk and Iphone 6S.

I have the pairing as follows:

I phone to Packtalk

I phone to Nav5

Packtalk to Nav5

Harry Jones

2 suggestions:

1- Unpair everything. Pair just your Sena and the Nav and see what happens. Your phone setting may be the problem.

2-  On the Google, search ADVRIDER: Nav V MP3 Music. I recall having a similar problem getting my music to play thru the Nav V and AdvRider had the solution.

Although I got the Nav V to play my music I no longer use it. It became a pain to constantly convert my newer music to MP3. I found using my iPhone for music was a lot easier to live with.

Keith Murray

Well I have tried every option I could find with no luck on the media player issue.  So I decided to stick with my current setup and load my music on my iphone.  I have the iPhone paired with my PackTalk and the Nav5.  This allows me to see caller ID on the Nav5 and play music on the iPhone and keep SIRI in the game.  So far it is working well.

Thanks for you help and suggestions.

Keith.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.