MAUMEE RIDE POSTPONED UNTIL SAT. APRIL 21ST.

Home Forums General Discussion MAUMEE RIDE POSTPONED UNTIL SAT. APRIL 21ST.

• This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ScottyP 7 months ago.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Mike E

Let’s try it again in a week, when maybe the weather will finally break.  Sooner or later, it has to get warm, right?

nobody0101

Merely 99% chance of rain for both Saturday and Sunday. 🙁

Carter

Is this ride still on? I’ve got some new tires I need to break in. I’d be coming from Napoleon and could meet up at Cabelas?

Mike E

The ride is on for this Saturday, April 21!

We delayed it due to the bad weather last weekend.

Carter

I understand, that’s why I posted under this thread. Seeing as everyone comes from the metro area I was wondering when and where I could meet up with the group.

Thanks

Carter

Mike E

We are going to meet at the Harvest Moon Cafe off US-23 on the south side of Ypsilanti at 9:00 am for breakfast, with a plan to depart there at 10:00 am or so for the ride down to Maumee.

The Harvest Moon is located at  5484 W Michigan Ave, Ypsilanti, MI 48197.  Map link to Harvest Moon: https://goo.gl/maps/5xZ2bwZA1b32

Google Map Link to Maumee State Forest APV Area: https://goo.gl/maps/8yzg9TD1XZo

There will be a small group riding from Royal Oak to the Harvest Moon on Saturday Morning at 8:00 am from the BP station on Woodward Ave and Lincoln (just north of 696).  Link to that location here: https://goo.gl/maps/SKhcFT6ykwv

If we leave the Harvest Moon at 10:10 am, we’d be driving past the Cabela’s at about 10:30.  We could pull off and meet you and continue on. I can also text you when we’re leaving, so you know when we’ll be there if we’re delayed.

That’s about it.  Hoping for nice weather, and that trail conditions are great!

Carter

Thanks Mike. I’ll plan on being at Cabelas at 1030. I’m not sure you have my cell number, so just in case it’s 517-945-2510.

Looking forward to getting out, see you there.

Carter

Jack Johnson

Are you guys taking back roads from Harvest Moon or the freeway?

Mike E

Probably the freeway US-23 to exit 88 in Ohio.  The dirt roads are pretty much all gridded out (1 mi sq, straight as an arrow) farm roads, so they’re not too exciting to ride.

The way back, we may take them to a lunch location.

nobody0101

I’ll meet you guys at the BP in royal oak in the morning. Unless it snows.

Mike E

See you there. Should be fun!

Mike E

Mike E

ScottyP

I’m in. I’ll meet you guys at Harvest Moon. I’ll be on the red 650GS.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.