Indiana Ride

Home Forums General Discussion Indiana Ride

• This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jack Johnson 3 weeks, 5 days ago.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dave Allgood

It’s time to start thinking about the Indiana Hoosier National Forest Ride.  This is an easy to medium gravel and back road ride.  There will be deep gravel through rolling and scenic forest roads, and some twisty pavement.  There are a few creek crossings (with work arounds if you don’t want to try them or if the weather is bad).  We will throw in a few sight seeing opportunities if possible including the fire tower, the Knightsridge Observatory ruins, and the Empire State Quarry.  Newbies are required to climb the fire tower.

There will be a ride down, on Friday for those that can make it.  We will stay in Shelbyville Indiana on Friday night.  The real ride starts Saturday morning from Shelbyville to Tell City, IN.  the route will be about 250 miles.  We will stay Saturday night in Tell City departing Sunday morning for the return to Shelbyville.  We will again cover about 250 miles.  Those who don’t want to ride home Sunday night can stay over again in Shelbyville and ride home Monday.  I will have routes to and from the Detroit area for Friday and Monday that follow state and county roads with little or no freeway.  There could be stretches of gravel, but these will not be “adventure” routes.

For Friday and Sunday nights make your reservation at:

Econolodge – 68 E Rampart Rd, Shelbyville, IN

317-398-0472

For Saturday night make your reservation at:

Ramada Inn Limited – 235 Orchard hill Dr, Tell City, IN

812-547-3234

There are other motel options nearby if these are full or do not meet your lofty standards.

let me know who is in and who will make the Friday morning ride down so I can plan accordingly.

jnwbiker

Dates? I don’t see it on the calendar.

-James

Dave Allgood

Dates

Fri 9/28 thru Mon 10/1

sandsquid

I plan on going, the fall colors should be nice. Note sure if I can get off on Friday, will update as the time gets closer. If I can only get 1 day off work,I will probably opt for Monday so that I can ride all day Sat and Sun.  I would ride down after work on Friday afternoon.

nobody0101

I’d like to go as well.  Might join you on the Friday afternoon ride down and ride home Monday as well.  Will see how the dates work out.

Rick345

Dave,

Definitely want to go…..all depends on how many students sign up for the 3-wheeled class that weekend.   Last class of the season.

Had a great time last time I went on this ride…..nice area down there.

Jack Johnson

Count me in for this ride, will be making the Friday morning ride down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.