BMW Nav VI

Home Forums GPS Discussion BMW Nav VI

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rationalbill 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rationalbill

Considering finally journeying into gps-land.  (I guess Crago would be proud. Finally.) Own no computer, no smartphone, and happy with that.  Just interested in route finding, no Bluetooth com system or creating/sharing of files, etc.  High ticket item, over $800 with club discount I guess, but so be it.

Comments, alternative ideas, collective wisdom?               —  Bill Harlan

Swamp

Bill, I bought BMW’s version of the Garmin Montana. It came with the powered cradle that plugged right into my F800GSA. Came loaded with all sorts of features. I’m somewhat new to the GPS thing as well, and haven’t had any others to compare it too. But, so far I like it. Bought it off of Amazon from MAX BMW. Price was $400, and included a pack of M & M’s! I heard that MAX BMW always includes a pack of M & M’s with online orders.

One thing with this model, is that you can take it off the bike and use it as a “Handheld” GPS if you hike, or hunt or whatever. Dual purpose.

One thing, this unit did NOT come with the bracket (2nd photo) to mount the cradle to the bike, and was an extra $104. Wasn’t happy about that, but that’s the way it is.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Dave Allgood

Make sure you can get map updates with whatever you get.

If you want a multitude of opinions on the matter come to our geezer day next Thursday (4/11).

rationalbill

Thanx, to Swamp:  Hand- (or car-) held feature good for me, too. Will plug right into dash of my ’18 RT.

rationalbill

Thanks, to D. Allgood:  Yes, free lifetime updates, according to BMW shop.  Nice demo model to play with at parts counter BMW-SEM.  May try to make geezer meeting, also.      Bill H.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.