ADV Ride this weekend (Sep 29,30)

Home Forums General Discussion ADV Ride this weekend (Sep 29,30)

• This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hal Collins 2 months, 1 week ago.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hal Collins

Being that the Indiana ride is canceled  Anyone interested in going on a more local ADV ride this weekend? I could do northern MI. or one day ride lower MI. OH.

Mats Ceder

I might be able to do the Mounds this Sunday if you are up for it?

Hal Collins

Sure that sounds like fun. Do you have a dirt road route up there?

let me know if you can do it and a meeting place. I live in Novi.

Mats Ceder

I will let you know by tonight. It depends on my wife’s travel.

Greg Linton

I’m interested in perhaps doing the Mounds Sunday.

I have a tire related question, though. Long story, bear with me…I’m hopping on my 1090R for a trip to NC starting Tues evening. To make the long weekend of twisties riding more fun, I’ve purchased a set of more street oriented tires, the Avon Trailriders. Haven’t mounted them yet, but was planning to do that today.

Would I be asking for trouble on the Avons at the Mounds? I’m sure they’ll be fine for gravel, but mud and sand, not so much. Of course, I could just wait until Sunday night to swap tires. I’ve got a TKC80 on the front and Karoo 3 on the rear right now.

https://www.denniskirk.com/avon/av53-av54-trailrider-tire.pfp643854.prdf

Mats Ceder

No ride for me Sunday unfortunately.

Heading to BMW SE Octoberfest and bike service today.  But Sunday is out for me

Hal Collins

Greg, Sorry l missed your message this morning. If you area still interested in a ride tomorrow send me a text 248 231 8691. I am planning on doing the Milford loop it is 95 miles looks like mostly dirt roads your tires will be fine. I plan on leaving Novi around 9 or 10. Hope you can still make it.

Hal Collins

Changing to 11 hopefully no rain by then.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.