2019 Off-Road Tracks, & Routes

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Off-Road Tracks, & Routes

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  GregCrago 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

GregCrago

Once again we are back in Interlochen. This year I decided to run an old Honor A CCW. We have not done this in years. It is a rather tricky GPS track that APPEARS to CROSSES  itself, but if you look closely the tracks NEVER TOUCH.

The GPX file contains 4 Tracks

1 Uncle John Cider mill to Evart

2. Evart to Cyclemoore campground

3.Sat Camp-Empire

4Sat Empire-Camp

THIS IS AN ADVANCED RIDE NOT DESIGNED TO NEWBIES. MUST HAVE SERIOUS OFF-ROAD EXPERIENCE. YOU WILL FALL YOU MIGHT BREAK YOUR BIKE. etc

This is a very fun and scenic ride.

Please load these tracks on your GPS. It allows us to make smaller groups (like fast/slow)

Greg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

GregCrago

Here is a MICHIGAN OpenStreetMap Garmin .img file containing all of the off-road trails as ROUTABLE roads.

Here is link to my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ORrhLrWUjxmV3oOSsEUaXHCjWWFTMpgr

It is MI_6-9-wide.img

copy it into the /garmin folder on your gps. Some of you will have to rename it to gmapsupp.img in order for your GPS to recognize it.

Here is a DIFFERENT GPX file with ROUTES built for MI-6-9-wide map

It is much easier to follow a route with turn-by-turn guidance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

GregCrago

Forgot to mention when and where we are leaving.

I will be at Uncle Johns Cider Mill (N of Lansing, on US 127) at 9am-ish and I will be LEAVING at 10:00 am sharp. If you want to extend your off-road riding weekend, join be through a great time through the woods. If you ca, we will see you at Cyclemoore Campground for our Saturday ride.

Craig G

Thanks Greg!

See you in Evart on Friday morning.

Paul O

So Craig G, Eric V, Myself and perhaps Mike will get to Cycle Moore on Thursday night and ride south the meet the gang.  Chime in if you want to meet up at Cycle Moore Thursday night

Mike E

Alex is looking like a Thursday arrival too.

GregCrago

We usually arrive about 11:20am at TRAILHEAD (track “2 Fri Evart-Cyclemoore”)

See you then

Doug

I am heading up on Thursday too.  Plan to ride the GS up to Boyne City.  I need to do some maintenance on 690.  Depending on the weather and when I leave, I might make it down to Cycle Moore Thursday night.  I will let you know.

Doug

Paul O

So, Friday riding south so far, Mike, Doug, Craig G, Scotty, and myself.  Who is riding up with Crago?.  Anyone else at camp Thursday night?

Paul O

GregCrago

Since most, if not all of you are heading South to meet me, When I get to Evart, I will immediately start heading North on the TRACK “2 Fri Evart-Cyclemoore”. I will meet you “on the trail”. If we don’t meet, that means one of us were not following the track. I will have my Sena 20S on and will be able to receive cell phone calls…. maybe. 248-719-1720.

See you “in the woods”

Greg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.