2018 Da-UP Ride Details Friday, August 3 to Sunday August 5

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Da-UP Ride Details Friday, August 3 to Sunday August 5

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Doug

Friday night at The Pines in St. Ignace on Friday, August 3rd.  Their number is (906) 643-9250.  All their rooms are still available.  Saturday night at the Superior Hotel in Grand Marais.  Their number is (906) 494-2539.  They still have 6 rooms available.

Doug

There is a big art and music festival in Grans Marais August 10-12.  The UP ride has been rescheduled to August 3-5.  I don’t think the calendar has caught up with this change.

Eric VanDyke

I am in for the UP ride. I will take the baby bike this time around. She is being neglected this summer.

Dale Estes

The Calendar and Ride List have both been updated.  Thanks.

Jeff H

Who’s doing the tracks and have they been proofed? I put together a redux post our ride last year to avoid some of the closed roads/bridges/culverts on the older tracks.

Dave Allgood

I will put together a road ride as long as some one wants to ride it.  Greg will put together an off road route, but as of now he will not be going.

Dave Allgood

I have a pavement ride roughed out.  There a couple of waterfalls that involve short walks, but a lot of steps.  Thinking of Fayette State Park or Kitch-iti kipi on the way back to St. Ignace on Sunday.  Is there any interest in either?

jnwbiker

I’m interested in the road portion. Not really feeling the need for sand…

-James

Paul Enderle

What’s good, is knowing that the job has afforded me the time off to go on this trip🤓! Haven’t been in da up in years! Keep me posted on when the track for road becomes available. I’m so geeked! Paul E.

Swamp

I might join the road route group as well. Not sure if the motels have rooms left or not. I just might camp this one.

There are campgrounds around St. Ignace, and a campground in Grand Marais.

jnwbiker

The Pines still has a few rooms, but the Superior Hotel is booked up.

Anyone happen to have an room/extra bed they’re will to share at the Superior Hotel?

-James

Swamp

OK, I just booked a room at the Pines. They still have rooms available. Now I need to check the Beach Park Motel in Grand Marais to see if they have any left for Sat night. This place is right around the corner from the Superior.

Scratch that idea. At the Beach Park Motel, they have a two night minimum stay on the weekends. So that’s out. Looks like I’ll be camping at the campground.

jnwbiker

Beach Park Motel is booked up, everything else near by seems to be as well.

-James

Swamp

I just called the North Shore Lodge 906-494-2361, and they have quite a few rooms available for Sat Aug 4th. Their cheapest room is a single King at $99 + tax. BUT, they’re right on Lake Superior, so the view is worth it! LOL!!!!

The lady said they changed their name (New Owners) but forgot to write it down.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jnwbiker

Perfect, thank you. I’m staying at Roam Beach (new name for North Shore Lodge) also.

-James

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.