2018 Longest Day Ride 22nd (Fri)-24th(Sun) at Cyclemoore Campground

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Longest Day Ride 22nd (Fri)-24th(Sun) at Cyclemoore Campground

• This topic contains 28 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Marina Ackerson 4 months, 3 weeks ago.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

JP Vos

I am in too on my GS.

Is there a group riding from Detroit to Uncle John’s on Friday?

JP

Mike E

There are a few of us meeting at the BP gas station on Woodward/Lincoln (just north of 696) at 7:00 am.  Leaving at 7:15am for Uncle John’s via freeways.

Craig G

Jack, not sure what time we will leave Cyclemoore on Friday morning.

Feel free to call/text on my cell @ 313-930-6829.

Hopefully I will have service at the campground 🙂

Seth H

Anyone know of anywhere in the metro Detroit area to buy a set of DOT knobbies and get ’em mounted/balanced?

Craig G

Not sure what bike you have, but check out BMW Southeast Michigan in Canton, or Detroit BMW in Rochester Hills. Both are excellent for service.

Seth H

I have a bastard KLR 650.

Craig G

Seth, no worries. Talk to Don Lusk (technician) at BMW Detroit. He has mounted & balanced tires for my KTM 450EXC before. I just had to re-mount them on the bike since I just brought him the wheels.

Seth H

Well it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to get proper tires in time to join the off-road crew for this adventure 🙁

Craig G

You could always come up and join the street ride folks.

Dale Estes

Although us “street ride folks” tend to be in the minority lots of times, we still have a great time riding.  There’s a lot of beautiful rides in that area, and on the plus side, we don’t get nearly as dirty.

Craig G

No malice intended, Dale. Just giving Seth another option since he can’t get dirty on this trip. I think one of these times I’m going to have to join you guys 🙂

Hope to see you up there this weekend!

Dale Estes

Oh I know, I just for the life of me couldn’t figure out how to put the smiley face in the post.  I looked at the text of your post and got it for this one. 😉  I’m leaving Friday morning to head on up.

Marina Ackerson

Well,  another longest day ride has come and gone. But not forgotten! A great time was had by all. Whether road or on the dirt riders.  Big bonfires, lots of good music thanks to Rob. And of course lots of tall tales.  Took a ride up to Northport, then a stop in Leland for some  very fresh whitefish at the bluebird,  and scenic ride back to the campground.  Great day for riding.  Thanks to everyone for making this a very nice weekend. Marina

Marina Ackerson

Drying out from Longest day and more photos from cyclemoore.  Hopefully photos will post.  Marina

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.