2017 Maumee Off Road Ride 22 April

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Maumee Off Road Ride 22 April

• This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mike E 4 months ago.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

GregCrago

Like the announcement stated, Show up at Harvest Moon Cafe at 9am for Breakfast, and we leave at 10am (Butts on Bikes). Nobody seems to want to take a scenic way down to the trails, so we usually jump on US-23 and slab it down. If there are small dirt bikes, I try to keep the speeds down to 60-65mph so they can keep up. If you want to meet us at the TRAILHEAD, Download the GPX file from the GPS FORUM. We should arrive around 11:15am.

We usually ride for 2 hours and then get bored. I have a ROUTE, backroads to Dundee for a Mexican Resturant (La Fiesta). Eat lunch around 2pm-ish? Then the remaining people usually go home from there, but I do have a ROUTE, backroads, up to the Belleville area, if you want to follow me.

WARNING, THESE TRAILS CONTAIN DEEP SAND AND YOU MAY FALL DOWN. BE CAREFUL.

KNOBBY TIRES recommended. It is a good way to get you Sand skills honed, and picking-up-your-bike skills as well.

Only a PIT Toilet at parking lot, so bring your own snacks, water.

Again, download the GPX file from the GPS FORUM

nobody0101

I’m in. ­čÖé

Mike E

I’m tentatively planning on it. ┬áMy bike is too clean again…

Jeff H

Looks like I’m in too.

I do have a special request about the new Single Track, please avoid it on the big bikes. The Toledo Trail Riders worked hard to get that track built, and I don’t want the TCD to be associated with messing it up.

I’m sure a big bike could be finagled through there, but it would probably just mess up the track, scratch up your bike, and cause quite a traffic jam on Saturday.

The rest of the trail and woods section is fine to run on any bike.┬á Here’s a quick clip of the intro to the single track: https://youtu.be/wfZl17MpNFo?t=214

GregCrago

Does anyone have TRACKS for the NEW SINGLE TRACK? I would like to add it to my collection and label it SMALL BIKES ONLY

Jeff H

No tracks for the single track, but it is clearly marked and a boxer engine would have a hard time fitting through the posts.

GregCrago

ALL LITTLE BIKES WITH GPS, please send the SINGLE trail TRACKS so I can add it to my database

Mike E

Great day, and a fun ride! 9 TCD’ers┬áand a couple of friends hit the trails. ┬áThe preceding wet weather made the sand a bit easier to navigate, but it was good practice. ┬áThere were a lot of shallow mud holes, but nothing to terrible. ┬áMaumee was once again a fun season warm up!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.